Due to a recent change in mobile carrier policies that discourage the use of texting over shared toll-free numbers, we are no longer recommending that customers use our High Capacity Mode feature. Messages sent using High Capacity Mode could now potentially be blocked by carriers. The good news is, we now have a better option available for sending large amounts of messages: dedicated toll-free numbers. We recommend switching to a dedicated toll-free number right away to avoid the possibility that your messages would be blocked by carriers.
Here's what you should know before you transition to a dedicated toll-free number:
- You will be able to choose a toll-free number (at no additional charge) from a list of available options.
- We will keep your local phone number active (at no additional charge) so people can continue to text-in to it as normal.
- Your subscribers will begin receiving messages from the new toll-free number that you choose.
- To make the number change as seamless as possible for your subscribers, we'll automatically include your organization name and opt-out instructions with the first message you send on your new number.
- If you should encounter any carrier blocking in the future, we'll be able to work with the carriers directly to have your traffic unblocked (as long as your messages comply with their anti-spam rules).
Here's how to make the switch to a dedicated toll-free number:
- Log-into MojoTxt and click Account & Billing.
- Click the Settings (gear) button next to the phone number with High Capacity Mode enabled and choose Switch to toll-free.
- Choose your preferred number from the list, then click Confirm.
We apologize for any inconvenience this policy change may cause and for any possible message blocking that has occurred as a result. If you've had any messages blocked recently, please let us know and we would be happy to return those message credits back to your account.