Mobile carriers require that all phone numbers used for "business to consumer" communication be registered in a centralized database. This database helps carriers identify the company/organization who is responsible for sending each message so they can provide faster, more reliable message delivery for trusted sources (like you) and protect their subscribers from spam.
Once registered, you can expect the following benefits:
- Your messages will be delivered more quickly (between 2x and 20x faster than unregistered local texting speeds).
- Your messages will be delivered more reliably, with lower chances of messages being blocked by carrier spam filters.
- If you encounter a carrier spam blocking issue, we can easily work with the carrier to solve the problem.
- Click here and follow the on-screen guide to submit your carrier registration.
- After we receive your registration form, we will submit it to the appropriate database.
- When your registration is complete, we will follow-up via email.
Questions & Answers
How long does registration take?
Local number registrations can typically be completed in 5-7 days, while toll-free registrations can take up-to 60 days. While your toll-free registration is "pending", any carrier restrictions will be paused until the registration process is complete.
What will happen if I choose not to register?
If you choose not register your number, your messages will be much more likely to be blocked by carrier spam filters. Additionally, if you send more than 2,000 messages per day, any messages above that number will be carrier-blocked.
My number is being blocked by carriers due to it being unregistered. How long does it take to resolve this issue?
Once we receive your registration form and submit it to the database, your message blocking issue should be resolved within 24 hours. If you are experiencing message blocking, please open a support ticket after submitting your registration form so we can prioritize the submission of your registration.