Accepting Scheduled Donations
Accepting repeating scheduled donations with MojoTxt is simple! There are three ways you can implement this functionality:
- Your donors can specify a schedule when they make a giving request to your keyword. The valid schedules are "once", "weekly", "biweekly", and "monthly". They can specify the schedule in their initial giving request by texting something like: "give 100 weekly" or "give 1000 once" (In this example "give" is the name of a donation keyword). If a donor doesn't include a schedule in their giving request, the system will, by default, assume that their gift is a one-time donation.
- By setting your keyword's Default Schedule to "Ask User", if a user does not specify a giving schedule with their request, MojoTxt will send a message back to the user asking them how often they would like to give this amount. The user can reply "once", "weekly", "biweekly", or "monthly".
- By setting your keyword's Default Schedule to a certain period of time (Weekly, Biweekly, or Monthly), you can create a special keyword just for recurring giving (Think: "Text MONTHLY to set-up an automatic monthly donation). If you combine this option with the new Default Amount option, you can create a special keyword that will allow users to give a certain amount on a schedule you set (Think: "Text MISSIONS to give $50 a month to our missions fund.") We recommend only setting the Default Schedule and Default Amount options to a specific value if your users are expecting this behavior.
Multiple Donation Schedules – In order to make this functionality as simple as possible for your subscribers, MojoTxt only allows one scheduled gift per donor, per donation keyword. This means that if, for example, a donor schedules a monthly gift using the keyword "GIVE", they will not be able to make additional one-time or repeating gifts using that keyword without ending the original donation schedule.
Stopping Future Donations – The donor may, at any time, end their scheduled donation by sending the words "STOP KEYWORD", where "KEYWORD" is your donation keyword. Additionally, if the user sends a "STOP ALL" command, their scheduled donations will be stopped as well.
Once a subscriber sets-up a scheduled donation, they will receive the following notifications:
- Immediately after the donation is scheduled and they have given their first gift, they will receive a message stating, "Your next automatic donation is scheduled for XX/XX/XXXX. To stop future automatic donations, reply STOP KEYWORD at any time." ("KEYWORD" being your actual giving keyword.)
- Approximately 24 hours before their next donation is scheduled to occur, they will receive a message stating, "Your weekly $10.00 donation to Fund Name is scheduled to be given tomorrow. To cancel it, reply STOP KEYWORD." (With "weekly" being the time period, "$10.00" being the amount, "Fund Name" being the name of your fund as specified in the Donation keyword's settings, and "KEYWORD" being the donation keyword itself.)
- At the scheduled donation time, the donation will be processed, and if the donation was successful, the donor will receive a message stating, "Thank you! Your weekly $10.00 donation to Fund Name has been given. To cancel future donations, reply STOP KEYWORD at any time." (With "weekly" being the time period, "$10.00" being the amount, "Fund Name" being the name of your fund as specified in the Donation keyword's settings, and "KEYWORD" being the donation keyword itself.) If the donation is not successful, the user will receive a message notifying them of the error and giving them the opportunity to try again, update their payment information, or cancel the donation.
Managing Scheduled Donations
You can view all scheduled donations from your MojoTxt dashboard. Simply choose an existing Donation Keyword from the left-hand column and click the Scheduled Donations tab. You may click the Cancel link next to any donation to stop if from repeating in the future.